mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Wanna Conver this USB Controller into Bluetooth Wireless
Varru Posted: 25 Apr 2020, 11:14 PM

i pick up this 1$ Wired Gamepad , surprisingly the sticks are great the dpad was decent , got a Button Click , R2,L2 Button (yeah not trigger) , i got an inspiration from Evan Kale Video of converting PS2 into Bluetooth wireless, i dont understand coding at all , i dont understand arduino at all , can someone guide me how to convert ? did i need to recode or something beside i must prepare HC-05 , Battery , Charging module , (do i need Arduino Micro ?)

(User posted image)

(User posted image)

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 26 Apr 2020, 01:15 AM
I love mcus

Well, you can pick any AVR mcu that you would like to use, as long as it has a uart interface.
Obviously you need to flash the rn-42 firmware on your hc-05, (Mit has done a video of that in the past),
then it is just as simple as making a program that sends the corresponding button states through serial.
The HC-05 has some gpios that could potentially be use to make a gamepad with only the bluetooth module, sadly there are no SDKs for making a custom program for it so your only option is to use another mcu and communicating through serial

Last edit by DAVID at 26 Apr 2020, 01:17 AM

-------------
[top]
Varru Posted: 27 Apr 2020, 12:06 AM

QUOTE (DAVID)
Well, you can pick any AVR mcu that you would like to use, as long as it has a uart interface.
Obviously you need to flash the rn-42 firmware on your hc-05, (Mit has done a video of that in the past),
then it is just as simple as making a program that sends the corresponding button states through serial.
The HC-05 has some gpios that could potentially be use to make a gamepad with only the bluetooth module, sadly there are no SDKs for making a custom program for it so your only option is to use another mcu and communicating through serial
what is AVR mcu ? such Arduino Micro ? do u have any refrence or video for the programming ? can i just copy paste for other user's work or i need to code from scratch ?

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 27 Apr 2020, 02:07 AM
I love mcus

An AVR mcu refers to any microcontroller made by Atmel (well, in reality they are now being made by microchip), Arduino boards are based around this type of ICs and they just make it easier for programing them. The Arduino Micro will work just fine for this project since it features a uart interface, it also has a built in usb interface meaning that you can also make it a usb gamepad apart from the bluetooth one.
When it comes in to programing you can search for code that people has already made (Used to do that a lot and I still do it from time to time) and just modified it to suit your needs.
I remember seeing a library for the arduino IDE that made it super simple for making code for this USB HID devices. Just do a little bit of searching.

Last edit by DAVID at 29 Apr 2020, 03:32 AM

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.