mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

VSTi Tutorial
depaljas Posted: 27 Jul 2022, 06:47 PM

Hey Mitxela,

Thanks a lot for you tutorial on VSTi. While I had my project going already, based off a sample project, I thought I'd take a step back and run through the basics to get myself a leaner project setup.

I ran through your example in VS2019, and this is just for your or other people's info: ran into a couple of hurldes.

One of them was VS throwing an 'inherited member not allowed' error. This is because some of the overriden functions were not redeclared in the class definition. You did, however, mention to 'add the prototypes', but I didn't lay the connection.

Another issue was that fGain, etc. were undefined, need to add float fGain; etc. to the class.

Lastly, sprintf was undefined. Trivial, had to include <stdio.h>.

Hope this is of any use to the rest of the beginners/occasional programmers. And many thanks again for walking me through the very basics!

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 28 Jul 2022, 11:13 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
Hi, thanks. I wrote the tutorial pretty much as notes for myself since I always forget this stuff when I only do it occasionally.

I probably won't edit the tutorial right now, I would need to step through it myself again to double check what I'm typing makes sense, but next time I need to use it I'll try and remember to update it.

-------------
[top]
depaljas Posted: 28 Jul 2022, 04:24 PM

Sure, already grateful for the tutorial as is. Above just on case someone else runs into the same! Thanks for sharing!

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.