mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Synth Cable - Loading .asm onto ATTiny85
Designflaw Posted: 26 Apr 2018, 04:14 PM

Hey,

I am trying to upload the assembly file to my chip using Atmel studio 7 and a USBtiny ISP I made. However I am new to this and I have only ever used the ISP with Arduino IDE to to blink tests on simple ATtiny44 boards I have made.

As far as I am aware, these interfaces compile file formats like c, ino, asm into hex and load them through the ISP's. I have configured Atmel s7 to run my USBtiny with AVRdude, but I am having a real struggle getting this to work.

How are you guys doing this and what would you recommend?

(User posted image)

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 26 Apr 2018, 05:37 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
In Atmel Studio you can select "New 8-bit Assembler Project", then load in the single .asm file and it should be possible to compile it into a hex file.

Once you have that hex file you should be able to flash it to the chip in the normal way. Does your ISP adapter work with other chips, or with different hex files? If not, check it's wired up correctly.

-------------
[top]
Designflaw Posted: 26 Apr 2018, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the reply, I will attempt again in the morning. I think The fault must lie between Atmel and my USBtiny/ISP.

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 26 Apr 2018, 10:48 PM
I love mcus

as mitxela said me a long time just type -B10 at the end of the avrdude command

-------------
[top]
Designflaw Posted: 27 Apr 2018, 10:07 AM

Hey guys, so i traced the problem back to my ISP, I swapped it out for a friends and it worked fine, the designs are identical so i'm guessing it got damaged some where in transit.

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.