mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Special
Ianc Posted: 28 Apr 2021, 07:18 PM

Can you make something, I would love a credit card size instrument using one of your keyboards in something the thickness of a smart phone. Running of coin cell batteries, perhaps quarter inch audio output as well as as an onboard speaker?

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 30 Apr 2021, 03:00 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
Well, you know, it's possible. Coin cells though? why not a thin rechargeable lithium battery, like smartphones use?

Whenever I have these thought experiments they usually end with me thinking "why not just use a smartphone, and run a synth app?" I know it's a boring answer but it's pretty hard to argue with. Smartphones have a battery and speaker and an audio-out socket (or at least they used to >_<).

But a keyboard on a touch screen isn't quite as fun as something physical... if I did make a compact self-contained synth, people would probably buy it.

-------------
[top]
Ianc Posted: 1 May 2021, 12:38 PM

Well I certainly would, I was looking around the google store the other day and I found a spirit level app. I would sooner use a real spirit level! I also have Caustic on my phone but as you said it doesn’t seem the same, it would be great to just pull a mini synth out of my pocket and play.

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.