mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Recreating FLASH on NUCLEO-L476RG
wtnh Posted: 20 Oct 2019, 06:32 PM

I think the FLASH Synth project is brilliant. While the goal was obviously to create the world's smallest phantom-powered midi synth, I think it would be great to release the code working on the NUCLEO-L476RG development environment for experimenters (like me).

I gather from the project page that the code was developed on a NUCLEO and then ported to the smaller chip.

Since you and H-Pi will be selling finished units, which is great, I was hoping to be able to play around with the much more affordable NUCLEO (geeze - it is only US$14.90 here in the States from Digikey!).

Any chance you could put the NUCLEO version of your code up on Github sometime?

Please :-)

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 20 Oct 2019, 06:37 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
It will be put up eventually, I need to tidy it up a lot first. Also, there is a "nucleo" devboard for the L432KC too, so it will run on that one without needing to modify the linker script.

Priority at the moment though is writing the documentation...

-------------
[top]
wtnh Posted: 20 Oct 2019, 06:47 PM

Very cool - looking forward to it!

Did not realize there was an L432KC variant - the ST versions are generally confusing.

EDIT - found it - and only US$10.99 - (not as widely stocked as the L476 version). Nice of ST to practically give these things away!

Last edit by wtnh at 20 Oct 2019, 07:08 PM

-------------
[top]
beamzer Posted: 14 Aug 2020, 06:29 AM

I was thinking of building your Flash STM32 synth inside an old Roland midi keyboard my father left me. He was allways playing with that thing connected to an old PC :). From a hardware point of view, that should be fairly simple of course. While the software is not on github yet, would it be possible to flash the firmware from the h-pi website onto the STM32 devboard and have it work that way? I wouldn't mind buying their UTE as form of support, although microtonality is not a road that i would go.

thanks,
Ewald...

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 14 Aug 2020, 11:51 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
I realize I sound like a stuck record, but I really do mean to put the source code up soon. I was partway through writing a new algorithm before other work got in the way.

I didn't write the UTE software, just advised on it, but I think you'd struggle to use that firmware download on the dev board. The synth won't work without the right lookup tables, which I believe the UTE writes separately. There's also some amount of obfuscation, the idea being to have a clean divide between "official" firmware versions and fan-made modifications when and if the source code is released.

-------------
[top]
a_q Posted: 14 May 2021, 03:13 PM

Hi! I too have started dabbling with synthesisers and would be interested in running this on a dev board.

- Adam

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 14 May 2021, 05:10 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
Maybe soon!

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.