mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Questions/possibilities for playing an electronic bass drum with a midi device?
Idren Posted: 25 Nov 2018, 05:11 PM

"Greetings from France,
I'm a drummer in wheelchair : I'm looking for mouth midi controller for playing the bass drum ; Do you think that your instrument would be able to do that ? In my case, (if you plug it directly to my Roland TD-20X Module) for simply playing just the kick drum ? : It's a breath controller but, as you can bite the controller. Do you think that it can be used if I bite just for one hit on bass drum, for instance ? (And so, not with a midi keyboard by playing notes) ... If I blow on it, It would like to know if I would be able to obtain a midi signal still by connecting it to my drum module ? Currently, I play the bass drum with my hands and electronic midi pads. ! I have also a electonic pedal for my foot. And finally, a cool device from the brand "Drum Sparx LLC" : "Drum Sparx uses any standard XLR microphone so the user can interact with the device using any type of sound they choose. Anything from boom boom boom to actual clicking sounds can be used with the Drum Sparx" : http://www.drumsparx.com/index.html - Basicallly, with this product you can talk into a microphone and make any midi sounds you want. I can use it for playing the kick drum too. But, for now, it's too sensitive for me : When I talk into the mic, I have the feeling that even if I just want one simple hit, unfortunately this is not easy: I got something sounding like a double pedal. Even if a do just one "ta" into the microphone : I guess I can fix it. But, for now, I prefer to play with my basic acoustic drum kit and electonic pads : Please, check out one of my drumming videos here : https://youtu.be/iNhWrWGn8Zc -
I'm still very interested to play the kick drum with my mouth. A lot of things are possible. But, often homemade. It works. But, personally, i'm definitely looking for something that I would add continuously to my drum kit. Thank you. please, keep up the good work. I'm also a beatmaker/composer :This, might help me in a lot of ways. But, before alln I remain a drummer ! Have a nice day. :-)

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 26 Nov 2018, 02:11 AM
avr stuff

QUOTE (Idren)
I'm looking for mouth midi controller for playing the bass drum ; Do you think that your instrument would be able to do that ?
yes of course, if it is serial MIDI you can just grab a solenoid, mosfet and a mcu (like the atmega328 or attiny85) and you are good to go

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.