mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Precision Clock Didn't Switch with DST
Richman777 Posted: 11 Mar 2024, 03:12 AM

Posting here for visibility even though we've gone back and forth in email so figured this would be good for anyone else troubleshooting.

I have the precision clock that I've modified to use an ESP32 module for NTP instead of GPS that should be programmed for MST/MDT (America/Denver). Last night (3/9/2024 to 3/10/204) should have switched to MDT but the clock is (with my NTP fix) showing MST time, with the MST LED lit up.

I'm not sure where to troubleshoot this, since I thought the MST/MDT switch would have been programmed into the chip. I just want to make sure that this isn't a problem in my NTP module time.

For what it's worth, the MST time is correct. Currently its reading 20:11:32 MST (MST LED lit up), but should be 21.11:32 MDT (MDT LED lit up).

Not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Last edit by Richman777 at 11 Mar 2024, 03:13 AM

-------------
[top]
Richman777 Posted: 11 Mar 2024, 03:19 AM

Adding a second update: manually switching the jumper correctly shifts the time so the chip doesn't seem to automatically switch.

-------------
[top]
Richman777 Posted: 11 Mar 2024, 10:18 AM

Upon further re-reading the instructions I seem to have confused myself when building the clock and thought the included jumper was for the permanent summer time and not normal usage.

If anyone else finds this the instructions are pretty clear but keep the jumper connected to enable DST switching. Removing the jumper removes DST switching, which is the behavior I was seeing. In retrospect this should be obvious as the jumper is labeled “DST Enable”

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 11 Mar 2024, 05:44 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
It sounds like you have it figured out. With "DST enable" fitted, the clock switches automatically. Without it, it stays in winter time. There is also a pin to force it into permanent summer time, and another pin to force it to display UTC.

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.