mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

POV Candle Build Project uf2 file not found
anoop Posted: 27 Sep 2024, 06:00 AM

Hello i am very new to using the rp2040 tiny i just started using the tiny device and was able to execute the blink example project but when i built the pov candle project inside the build folder i dont see any .uf2 file generated is this likely? there is candle.sln file which type of file i can use to upload the program to tiny rp2040?

build output:
-- Building for: Visual Studio 17 2022
Using PICO_SDK_PATH from environment ('..\..\pico-sdk')
PICO_SDK_PATH is C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk
Defaulting platform (PICO_PLATFORM) to 'rp2040' since not specified.
Defaulting target board (PICO_BOARD) to 'pico' since not specified.
Using board configuration from C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/src/boards/include/boards/pico.h
Pico Platform (PICO_PLATFORM) is 'rp2040'.
-- Defaulting build type to 'Release' since not specified.
Defaulting compiler (PICO_COMPILER) to 'pico_arm_cortex_m0plus_gcc' since not specified.
Configuring toolchain based on PICO_COMPILER 'pico_arm_cortex_m0plus_gcc'
Defaulting PICO_GCC_TRIPLE to 'arm-none-eabi'
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.41.34120.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 19.41.34120.0
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2022/BuildTools/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.41.34120/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe - skipped
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2022/BuildTools/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.41.34120/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe - skipped
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- The ASM compiler identification is GNU
-- Found assembler: C:/Program Files (x86)/GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain/10 2021.10/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe
Build type is Release
CMake Warning at C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/tools/Findpicotool.cmake:28 (message):
No installed picotool with version 2.0.0 found - building from source

It is recommended to build and install picotool separately, or to set
PICOTOOL_FETCH_FROM_GIT_PATH to a common directory for all your SDK
projects
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/tools/CMakeLists.txt:138 (find_package)
C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/src/cmake/on_device.cmake:33 (pico_init_picotool)
C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/src/rp2040/boot_stage2/CMakeLists.txt:57 (pico_add_dis_output)
C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/src/rp2040/boot_stage2/CMakeLists.txt:101 (pico_define_boot_stage2)

Downloading Picotool
CMake Warning (dev) at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.30/Modules/FetchContent.cmake:1953 (message):
Calling FetchContent_Populate(picotool) is deprecated, call
FetchContent_MakeAvailable(picotool) instead. Policy CMP0169 can be set to
OLD to allow FetchContent_Populate(picotool) to be called directly for now,
but the ability to call it with declared details will be removed completely
in a future version.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/tools/Findpicotool.cmake:46 (FetchContent_Populate)
C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/tools/CMakeLists.txt:138 (find_package)
C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/src/cmake/on_device.cmake:33 (pico_init_picotool)
C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/src/rp2040/boot_stage2/CMakeLists.txt:57 (pico_add_dis_output)
C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/src/rp2040/boot_stage2/CMakeLists.txt:101 (pico_define_boot_stage2)
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Found Python3: C:/Users/anoop/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python39/python.exe (found version "3.9.11") found components: Interpreter
TinyUSB available at C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/lib/tinyusb/src/portable/raspberrypi/rp2040; enabling build support for USB.
BTstack available at C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/lib/btstack
cyw43-driver available at C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/lib/cyw43-driver
lwIP available at C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/lib/lwip
mbedtls available at C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/pico-sdk/lib/mbedtls
-- Configuring done (6.2s)
-- Generating done (0.4s)
-- Build files have been written to: C:/Users/anoop/OneDrive/Documents/Projects/Pico/candle/build
PS C:\Users\anoop\OneDrive\Documents\Projects\Pico\candle\build>

(User posted image)

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 30 Sep 2024, 10:23 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
I've never tried to compile with Visual Studio so I can't help you, but the RP2040-tiny is functionally the same as the Pico and the RP2040, there is a huge amount of information out there on how to compile for them.

-------------
[top]
anoop Posted: 4 Oct 2024, 06:25 AM

i am using the VS Code as code editor only, i compiled the project in terminal only using the cmake, but i am unable to find the uf2 file, how did you compile the project if not from Visual Studio? can you point me in right direction

Last edit by anoop at 4 Oct 2024, 06:27 AM

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 5 Oct 2024, 06:03 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
You're using Visual Studio as compiler, or at least cmake seems to think so.

To be clear, you ran "cmake" in the build folder and got that output, did you then run "make"?

Maybe you need to open the .sln file in Visual Studio 17 and click build?

Or possibly delete the whole build folder, and run cmake again but specify a makefile output.

-------------
[top]
anoop Posted: 12 Oct 2024, 07:23 AM

which build software are you using? MinGW?

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.