mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

« PreviousPages: 1 [2]

New version of the clock forthcoming?
error1 Posted: 17 Oct 2023, 11:39 AM

Would it be possible to add a digit to have full millisecond display and not just hundredths of a second on the new one? You mentioned the GPS receiver should be good for millisecond accuracy...

Phone cameras are already able to record at several hundred fps so it would be nice to have the additional accuracy when using the clock to time stuff :)

My old kit is still ticking away faithfully, love that thing!

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 17 Oct 2023, 12:22 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
QUOTE (error1)
Would it be possible to add a digit to have full millisecond display and not just hundredths of a second on the new one? You mentioned the GPS receiver should be good for millisecond accuracy...

Phone cameras are already able to record at several hundred fps so it would be nice to have the additional accuracy when using the clock to time stuff :)

My old kit is still ticking away faithfully, love that thing!

The new version displays to the millisecond by default. And yes, the accuracy of the GPS module is to within about 50ns, which is another five digits beyond that.

I have tested the millisecond display of the new clock by filming it at 25,000FPS, and it is rock solid, perfectly visible without flickering.

I'm afraid I've made little progress on bringing it to release, hopefully it will happen before Christmas. I've also (stupidly) started working on its successor which will display time to the microsecond...

-------------
[top]
elorgus Posted: 30 Jan 2024, 03:58 PM

This is exciting news! The improvements of MK IV sound great (especially easy update/modification of the firmware) and I'm more than happy to wait for its final release. So no pressure from my side, only (pleasant) anticipation :)

For me personally millisecond precision is all I ever needed and more than I'm able to see anyways.

-------------
[top]

« PreviousPages: 1 [2]

Sign in to post a reply.