mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

« PreviousNext »Pages: 1 [2] 3

Morse Code USB Keyboard Mk II
HollowQwert Posted: 17 Jun 2018, 06:06 PM

I am using 3v6 zener diodes, does it matter the direction and other than that are there any other problems with my setup? Should I keep all the wires going to ground in the same spot, or should I move them into different spots on the breadboard?

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 17 Jun 2018, 06:10 PM
I love mcus

in both schematic the polarity matters because zeners have 2 forward voltages
but does my schematic did not work for you??

-------------
[top]
HollowQwert Posted: 17 Jun 2018, 06:20 PM

I will try it later on today since I am not home at the moment, but I would like to thank you for all that you have done for me in getting this thing as far as it has gone, also happy 100th post

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 17 Jun 2018, 06:27 PM
I love mcus

thanks

-------------
[top]
HollowQwert Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 12:21 AM

So I tried the schematic that you sent and still nothing, not even a notification. I'm not sure if the computer can read the USB or not. I know the USB works when it comes to electricity because when I set the buzzer to the positive and negative ends it buzzes.

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 03:45 AM
I love mcus

well so it might be a hardware problem with your pc

-------------
[top]
HollowQwert Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 10:22 AM

Does it matter the direction of the resistor aswell? And when I flashed the code onto the ATtiny85, does that mean the ability for a computer to see it should be in the hex file? Also for the new schematic that you used, does the old design with all the resistors and capacitors affect the performance of the ATtiny85?

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 12:13 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
QUOTE (HollowQwert)

(User posted image)

Hi HollowQwert, not sure if you are still using that layout or David's one, but it looks like there's a mistake in the picture - the USB D- line (the white wire) and its pullup resistor are in the same row as the ground wire for the blue capacitor. That would stop the USB signals from working.

It is always a bit worrying if the computer doesn't notice the USB device at all. Even if you get rid of the attiny85 and all the other components, connecting a 2.2k resistor from the red wire to the white wire should be enough for the computer to give a "USB device not recognized" error.

-------------
[top]
HollowQwert Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 01:19 PM

So if I moved up the resistor and the white wire to the row above it, it should work? And I haven't tried to connect the 2.2k resistor with the red and white wires, I'll try that.

-------------
[top]
HollowQwert Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 05:49 PM

Ok I reflashed the code, I wired it up using David's model and now it just buzzes every other tap. The computer sees the usb now but it says it has no driver, should I download one for it and will it solve the buzzing problem?

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 08:23 PM
I love mcus

no it is suppose to be hid so the driver should be by default

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 08:24 PM
I love mcus

or does it appears as not recognized usb device??

-------------
[top]
HollowQwert Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 08:25 PM

Yes that's exactly it, the computer doesn't recognize the usb

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 08:31 PM
I love mcus

QUOTE (HollowQwert)
Ok I reflashed the code, I wired it up using David's model and now it just buzzes every other tap. The computer sees the usb now but it says it has no driver, should I download one for it and will it solve the buzzing problem?
i connected my version into an old pc and it says that the driver could not
be installed but it still work fine
it took quite a while for the pc to recognized

-------------
[top]
HollowQwert Posted: 19 Jun 2018, 10:01 AM

After much hardship, my laptop finally recognized the ATtiny85 and the code went well, except the piezo which continues to mess up which I just removed. I am now curious if This still works with the old layout or not

-------------
[top]

« PreviousNext »Pages: 1 [2] 3

Sign in to post a reply.