mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Hi from olmate
olmate Posted: 9 Jan 2024, 10:27 AM

G'day Tim,

Really loved following your projects and reading all about them. Thought it was time to drop a comment. You have a great way with words and are very creative.
I used to blog too once, but with the invention of social media and having to patch bugs on a daily basis on my buggy webserver, I gave up hosting my own stuff. I really like seeing people do what I started doing back in the day, and "properly better" to this level of quality.

Keep up the great work!

Ol'mate

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 10 Jan 2024, 12:18 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
Cheers!

Yes, I yearn for the old days when anyone who was anyone had a website. Now, it's all social media. I was showing some of my inventions off recently and the people kept asking me what my instagram was. I had to explain I don't have one but I do have a website.

On the other hand, maintaining this website is a real chore! I probably shouldn't admit that I have a bunch of terrible shims in place to keep the 15-year-old PHP4 code working.

-------------
[top]
olmate Posted: 1 Feb 2024, 11:41 AM

Sorry it took me nearly a month to reply. But here we go..

Thanks for replying. I very much understand your hosting woes!! Keep on doing what you do. It means so much to those of us who understand wanting good info without the bloat/ware/ads.

Cheers

Ol' Mate

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.