mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Hey there
Atrius Posted: 9 Aug 2024, 04:57 AM
Find Solice in my Blades

Hello, yes it is me. The suspicious one who never told you their last name polishing the gun in the corner, or at least that's how I think I remember it going? To solve one mystery, the VH stands for Van Horne, probably not the one you'll find on google though. I don't do social media much these days for my own mental health what with... *gestures vaguely at everything and nothing in particular around themselves all at once* ... >_< (Ahh, ">_<" That's purely for nostalgia) ... Despite all of... Um... Anyway... I'm doing well these days, I have a successful career in software engineering that I enjoy, and continue to find new ways to challenge myself with to this day.

I might have a folder of old GameMaker projects you may or may not be interested in... Unfortunately it doesn't look like The Final Challenge is here, but I see Just Beginning, 3D Maze, Kousou Fighters (Looks like just random 3D tech demos), Space Battle (3D Bloom Test), Zelda Online (BomberLink.exe? Zelda Bomberman!), Asteroids, Billiards, probably more. It's going to take me a bit to sort through all of this.

I think I have some old hard drives in a closet somewhere I might be able to check too if I can even read them without crashing my computer, I remember that being a problem with at least one of them. But even some of these I currently have stored on my RAID storage server don't run any more. I could have sworn I had a whole different folder of text files with random concepts that hadn't been put into code yet as well... "Gretchin" comes to mind.

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 9 Aug 2024, 07:42 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
Atrius!

^______^

It's great to hear from you. I am also doing well, at least, a bit better than last time we spoke. It would be kind of fun to go through the old GameMaker projects. I had to take KG down because the web host finally pulled the plug on the old PHP version it runs on, newer PHP versions have an upsetting number of backwards-incompatible changes, I guess I could host it on a VM somewhere but it didn't seem worth the trouble. There was a lot of nostalgia looking over it. I scraped the forum too, just before that disappeared, including the admin section which is kind of hilarious and embarrassing to look through.

I also don't do social media, apart from the youtube channel if that counts. The secret there is that I don't interact with anyone else, I just chuck videos into the void and run away. Some people have been pestering me to get this "discord" thing. Well, I'm always contactable via email anyway.

-------------
[top]
Atrius Posted: 10 Aug 2024, 06:49 PM
Find Solice in my Blades

Ah, yeah, probably that same PHP update took down the forums I used to run for a Golden Sun editor I made a while back.

I do have discord, I only use it to talk to friends I used to work with and play games with sometimes though.

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 13 Aug 2024, 05:34 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
It's kind of sad to think how many sites were killed off by the PHP changes. The PHP gods have been trying to turn it into a "real" language but in the process forgot what made it useful to begin with. I guess if you're just running wordpress or whatever you're supposed to update to the latest version of that, but anyone with a custom site got screwed. Fixing mitxela.com was a real pain, took ages.

One thing I like about embedded electronics is that you can make a circuit, put some firmware on a microcontroller, build a bit of hardware and in general once it's working, it will keep working. None of these silly operating systems in the way.

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.