mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

flash synth source code
DAVID Posted: 29 Dec 2019, 04:40 AM
I love mcus

Hi, I have recently modded my korg microkey keyboard with an STM32f103RC MCU and so far it works flawless as a USB and Serial midi device.
Now I want to make the keyboard do some FM synthesis, problem is that I tried to make an implement a sort of "ym3812 opl2 synthesis" but it just doesn´t cut it for me.
So here is my question, Is there a possibility that you would release the source code of your flash synth? simply because I love the way that it sounds.

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 29 Dec 2019, 05:31 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
Hey, yeah I plan to release the source code at some point, probably in a few months though.

If you want to learn about FM synthesis there are quite a few guides and examples out there, I recommend playing with Web Audio demos first because it's a lot faster to learn about synthesis when you're not worried about getting it to work on the STM chip.

-------------
[top]
lerouxb Posted: 17 Mar 2020, 10:23 AM

I just came here to ask for the same thing. I'm building an stm32 project that needs to use the DAC and it would be very helpful to see your code for setting up DAC and DMA, your makefile changes for getting this to compile and so on. So far I'm having no luck with STM's own IDE to even compile their examples. And really I just want to be writing code in VIM :)

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 17 Mar 2020, 11:45 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
Ha, I'm glad someone agrees with me!

Most of the "cleanup" I'm talking about is exactly that - I'm scared someone will look at it and say, "you moron! that's not how you set up DMA!" I butchered together the output of CubeMX, some examples, and some random google results to get it to work...

-------------
[top]
lerouxb Posted: 17 Mar 2020, 04:37 PM

I just ended up doing the same - take their examples, load up in cube mx, change the configuration to generate a makefile, generate that, hack the makefile, finally got it to work. And now I'm making some progress. MAN I dislike c. Although I think it really is the header files and the linking that gets to me. So much indirection!

Last edit by lerouxb at 17 Mar 2020, 04:45 PM

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.