mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

« PreviousPages: 1 [2]

Faulty 7 Segment Display?
Sedj Posted: 20 Mar 2024, 02:35 AM

So I'm finally getting around to fixing my clock and I was looking for a bit more instruction on setting up my usbasp to load to the tiny I looked through a few guides and there just seem to be a bunch of steps for using arduinos instead of the usbasp. :) round 2 on fixing the clock cuz I have time :)

-------------
[top]
Sedj Posted: 21 Mar 2024, 01:19 AM

So ive looked into it a bit more and see endless guides for programming tiny85s so im kinda treating the 4313 like a 85 and trying to program it according to the 85s pinout and i just keep getting failed chip erase error

Clock is set to 8MHz. programmer is usbasp and i changed it to lilusbk

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 21 Mar 2024, 10:28 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
You say clock is set to 8MHz, that means you set the fuse bytes already? What was the output of the previous avrdude command I posted?

The tiny85 and tiny2313 have the same programming protocol, the wiring should match the pictures and diagram on the "changing the timezone" section of the assembly instructions though.

If you post the actual output of the error messages I might be able to help more.

-------------
[top]
Sedj Posted: 25 Mar 2024, 02:45 AM

So I have not set the fuse bytes yet and i'm just getting a programmer is required for upload when I run the AVR command and also I have a attiny4313 which I don't think matters looking at the pinouts

(User posted image)

(User posted image)

Last edit by Sedj at 25 Mar 2024, 02:46 AM

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 25 Mar 2024, 10:46 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
i'm just getting a programmer is required for upload
Could you post the actual output? It sounds like the the programmer is not installed correctly.

For instance if I run
avrdude -c usbasp -p t4313
without it plugged in, I get
 error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor='www.fischl.de' product='USBasp'

Is that what you're seeing?

Whereas if the programmer is connected and working, but the part isn't responding, I get:
 error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 1

If you show the command you're running and the response you're getting I'm more likely to be able to help.

-------------
[top]
Sedj Posted: 31 Mar 2024, 02:53 AM

When I try to upload the code:

Sketch uses 286 bytes (6%) of program storage space. Maximum is 4096 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (3%) of dynamic memory, leaving 247 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 256 bytes.
A programmer is required to upload

When I try to burn bootloader: (Dont know if i even need to do this)

avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude: Expected signature for ATtiny44 is 1E 92 07
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.
Failed chip erase: uploading error: exit status 1

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 1 Apr 2024, 02:12 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
It sounds like you're trying to do something with Arduino? There is no Arduino involved with the clock. It shouldn't be compiling a sketch and you definitely don't want to burn a bootloader.

You just want to configure the fuse bytes on the ATtiny and flash the hex file. Can you try running avrdude from the command line?

-------------
[top]
Sedj Posted: 1 Apr 2024, 11:51 PM

Ok well that makes more sense when I run the AVRDUDE command in command prompt (windows) it says its not a command obviously so ill need to setup a linux machine :|

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 2 Apr 2024, 09:33 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
Oh I use it on windows all the time. Just navigate to the folder where avrdude.exe is and Shift + right click, then "open command prompt here". Then run the commands with .exe:
avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p t4313

If the only option is "open powershell here" (depends on windows version I think?) then click that and type cmd to make it an old fashioned windows command prompt.

-------------
[top]

« PreviousPages: 1 [2]

Sign in to post a reply.