mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Email notifications
mit Posted: 3 Oct 2020, 12:20 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
I have now added a system that optionally sends an email if someone direct messages you on this forum or replies to a topic which you've participated in. A 'notification settings' page has been added under 'account' to toggle them on and off. By default, I've set it to only email when someone sends a direct message - very few direct messages are ever sent, but when they are sent, I usually miss them.

Feel free to try it out and let me know if any of it is broken or missing features.

I also added support for emojis, which was painful because the ancient mysql database on this server has no support for utf8_mb4. 🤦

Another thing I've been meaning to add is a search feature, might work on that next.

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 3 Oct 2020, 06:06 PM
I love mcus

Thanks for this feature, I´m sure that it will be very usefull for everyone in his forum.

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 5 Oct 2020, 01:43 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
Some other new features have been added:

Search - it's simple and quite inefficient but works well enough. There's less than 1000 posts on the whole forum so it's basically instant, I shall probably have to rethink it if ever we get to 1000000 posts.

Thread recap - the last five posts of a thread are now shown underneath the reply form. This can make it easier to check what you're replying to without needing to keep it open in another tab.

Recent posts on user pages - because why not.

Plus a couple of minor bug fixes. Feedback welcome.

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 18 Oct 2020, 03:17 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
Added a github-style activity calendar to the main page, because pointless tasks are easier than productive ones.

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.