mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

CV out Keyboard
Gobi Posted: 26 Oct 2019, 12:18 PM

Hello, first I have to say, my knollege at elektronics is low...

I need a keyboard with CV and gate out to use it with my Moog M32. To buy something like the Arturia Keystep would be possible, but I need a Food-Keyboard, like organs have - and there is nothing out there. The Keyboard itselfe is stored in my cellar since years, but I couldn't find a curcuit for this case, wich is a mystery - in this time of modular sythesizers something like this MUST exist? Am I stupid or blind?

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 26 Oct 2019, 12:31 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
I'm not sure if there's anything available. I have a keystep and I find it quite annoying in a few ways. To be fair, I haven't updated the firmware since I got it, but I can't figure out how to use it as a USB-MIDI interface (the axiom has a button that just re-routes what comes out of the DIN connector). It seems like such an oversight on the developer's part if it can't be done, because using it as a USB->MIDI or USB->CV or MIDI->CV interface would be so useful.

Also I haven't read the manual, which might tell me the answer straight away.

PS. The Keystep uses an STM32F103 inside - ripe for hacking!

-------------
[top]
Gobi Posted: 27 Oct 2019, 02:22 PM

What?! This would be the main reason for buying a Keystep, because it has Midi AND CV ?!
I just didn't do so, because I'm expecting a lot of other problems wich a could not handle, when conecting it to an DIY extern keyboard by wire...

I dont realy get it - what a all the "creative modular people" use as keyboard? Dont they build some by themselfes? crazy

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 27 Oct 2019, 03:25 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
OK I looked in the manual, and it is possible of course - but you have to configure it via the Midi Control Centre software. I'll install that at some point. I really haven't played with the keystep very much so I'm probably the wrong person to be asking about it.

-------------
[top]
Gobi Posted: 28 Oct 2019, 05:59 PM

Thanks - I'll think about it, still looking for an easyer way (or better to handle for me)

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.