mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Beken BK3266
Sark Posted: 28 Jan 2022, 05:23 AM

Hello all,

I am an absolute newbee when it comes to programming so please be gentle with me (c;
Recently I bought a Bluetooth/amplifier board on Aliexpress and I was expecting a CSRA64215 BT chip (as advertised) but it is fitted with a Beken BK3266QN40D (BK3266 for short).

My plan was to use the onboard programmable equalizer of the CSRA64215 and I did some preparation and bought a "USB CSR Bluetooth burner" to program the CSRA64215 using my Windows laptop but now the board is fitted with a BK3266 so it's a no go.

The specs of the BK3266 tell me that there is a 5 band digital equalizer on board and here comes my question (finally!):
Does anyone know what software I need to use to program this on board equalizer and can I use the USB CSR programmer (or is there a cheap alternative piece of hardware I can use to program this BK3266)?

(User posted image)

(User posted image)

(User posted image)

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 30 Jan 2022, 12:32 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
Hello.

It's unlikely you'll be able to use the CSR programmer with it, part of the annoyance about CSR is that they have their own programming protocol.

It looks like you can change the basic settings by sending serial commands to the BK3266. Someone has documented that here: https://github.com/araczkowski/BK3266 But the EQ settings are limited to a bunch of presets, which probably isn't what you were after.

The datasheet mentions the "BK3266 Software Configuration Tool Kit". If you can get hold of that, it should have everything you need, including instructions on how to reprogram the chip.

-------------
[top]
Sark Posted: 31 Jan 2022, 05:11 AM

Hello Mit,

Thanks for your reply and I was expecting this answer (hoping for another) that I cannot use this chip to configure the EQ.
I already tried to contact the guys from BEKEN to ask where I can find the Configuration Tool Kit but there's absolute radio silence )c:

I'll continue to try to get things sorted with the supplier (one of the sellers on Aliexpress) and I think it'll end in some sort of refund .... bummer.

Thanks!

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.