mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

ATiny2213 Synth code
TobyS Posted: 14 Nov 2017, 05:11 PM

Hi, Sorry if I am being really thick but i can't see the code anywhere for this. I am sure that you mention in the video that you would be posting it.
I have not done much construction recently and this seems to be a very good place to start again - I only have DIP 2213s but it will be a start.
I note you say that the chip is running at full tilt already - I have always found the AVRs to be very over-clockable - especially if clocked externally ...even at reduced voltages ...

Toby

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 14 Nov 2017, 06:19 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
Hi, yes, I should link to it from the main pages. It's on github: https://github.com/mitxela/PolySynthCable

Have fun, I actually think the first synth cable using an ATtiny85 is more fun to play around with, being monophonic isn't much of a problem when you have a good arpeggiator. Source code for that is on github too.

-------------
[top]
TobyS Posted: 14 Nov 2017, 08:43 PM

Thanks for that.

I cannot play anything much so it will be a "get back into programming again and with a bit of construction". I used to do lots with AVRs and a little bit with Propellers, but after a couple of house moves and job change it all dwindled away - hence I wanted something small, constructional wise, to see if i can catch up again. I used toner-transfer PCBs, with FreePCB.

What ASM did you use - it was always the thing that I disliked about the AVR projects when there were 20++ different ASM used.

Toby

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 15 Nov 2017, 04:33 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
The best assembler is the official windows one from atmel - avrasm2.exe. It has the same preprocessor / macro functions as a C compiler which I find really useful, although I don't think I did anything with that for the synth cables. On linux I run avrasm2.exe under wine which works fine.

Annoyingly you have to download all of atmel studio to get it, but the actual executable + all the include files needed is just a couple of megabytes.

-------------
[top]
TobyS Posted: 16 Nov 2017, 08:36 PM

I thought it had the look of Studio - I got on with 4 Ok but when it tried to become bigger, and better had less luck. Download volume shouldn't be too much of a problem - I have dabbled with QuartusII ...

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 16 Nov 2017, 11:19 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
There is probably still a download link for AVR studio 4 somewhere on their website. Or you could do what I did, install all of atmel studio, copy the assembler + include files out, then uninstall the rest of it.

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.