mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

Arduino crashing on clock?
Robbles Posted: 9 May 2020, 05:49 PM

Has anyone else seen this?

After some time ( from +1hr to a few days ) I seem to get either the display blanking out entirely, or I get junk similar to above - the junk is the above picture is static and not changing, but sometimes it is junk that appears to be "counting" in some fashion. In all cases completely power cycling the clock does seem to bring it back to normal. The GPS module has lock the entire time and is putting out sane data as well as PPS. This seems to have occurred more over the last few days ( when it has been the warm in the UK ) - temperature related?

The kit is from the December batch if that has any relation to the firmware version / atmega used.

Any thoughts / ideas?

Rgds,

R.

(User posted image)

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 12 May 2020, 10:08 AM
yeah whatever

Admin
Hi, I've not seen that behaviour before.

If it's temperature related and the ATtiny is from before I started calibrating them, then maybe a new ATtiny will fix it. If you email me I can send you one.

But if the oscillator was out of calibration, I wouldn't expect a power cycle to fix it. The fact the display is static suggests something has latched. I suppose it's possible that it went out of calibration, latched in some way, and then the temperature returned to normal before you power cycled it.

Let's try a new ATtiny and if that doesn't help we'll explore some other ideas.

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.