mitxela.com forum
Welcome. Please log in or register.

A tinysynth
Spuddy Posted: 26 Jun 2018, 01:51 PM

Stumbled across your blog entry that mentions the ATtiny85. I thought I'd have a go but still awaiting delivery.
Most of the explaining is over my head ...I can just about cope with a 555...but I'll read it again.
Have you done any more tinkering with this; it looks promising and could be useful to produce the knock down bits from separate pockets in a pub and invite chume to try it out. Hmm, but where to clip the wrist strap?

-------------
[top]
mit Posted: 26 Jun 2018, 08:12 PM
yeah whatever

Admin
Hi, I've done a few different projects with the ATtiny85, not sure which one you're referring to. You mention the wrist strap, are you talking about the Tiny Theremin project?

I can try and explain it further if you like.

-------------
[top]
DAVID Posted: 27 Jun 2018, 02:52 AM
I love mcus

but i don t think it will be stable to build a theremin with a 555 timer since for it to change the tone it must be oscillating at a very high freq so that any capacitance will make the system unstable and also that for the high frequency it would not be hearable

-------------
[top]
Spuddy Posted: 29 Jun 2018, 07:36 PM

Yes, I meant the tiny theramin. Still waiting for the bits to tinker with.
Doubt I'll go for tiny but scale it up to suit my sausage fingers and failing sight

-------------
[top]
teddy7 Posted: 28 Oct 2018, 07:40 PM

QUOTE (mit)
Hi, I've done a few different projects with the ATtiny85, not sure which one you're referring to. You mention the wrist strap, are you talking about the Tiny Theremin project?

I can try and explain it further if you like.

---

555 is a Timer, nothing else. You would need the ATTiny85, it is
a Hardware Controller. I'd suggest an Arduino UNO. There cheap!
Then you can use a board plugged into to Arduino, that will allow
you to plugged the ATTiny85 into the Arduino UNO for programming.
If your interested, let me know and I will give the schematic for it.

-------------
[top]
teddy7 Posted: 28 Oct 2018, 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Spuddy)
Stumbled across your blog entry that mentions the ATtiny85. I thought I'd have a go but still awaiting delivery.
Most of the explaining is over my head ...I can just about cope with a 555...but I'll read it again.
Have you done any more tinkering with this; it looks promising and could be useful to produce the knock down bits from separate pockets in a pub and invite chume to try it out. Hmm, but where to clip the wrist strap?

---

Personally, I have NEVER used a wrist strap; and I'm 70 years old.
At times, where I leave, moving on a carpet, and building a electrical charge and then gripping a chip; never never heart an
IC!

-------------
[top]

Sign in to post a reply.